THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Friday, February 10, 2012

Confessions

I'm using my sore finger as an excuse not to run this morning.  It is still throbbing but mostly I wanted Jess to be able to sleep in really late this morning.  He needs to catch up on some rest.  He worked last Saturday and then we all woke up really early to watch the Super Bowl on Monday morning.  I think this is my new favorite way to take in the big game - eating breakfast burrittos with a few die hard fans.  It all felt very American, almost patriotic.

I woke up feeling really sick this morning.  It must have been that single glass of wine I had last night at Happy Hour.  I must be getting old if I feel a glass of wine in the morning.  The Marines have started hosting Friday Happy in conjunction with a kids' movie.  The kids watch a cartoon in another room under Marine supervision while the parents hang out at the bar.

We're making Huevos Rancheros this morning, because I'm homesick for New Mexico.  I find myself missing New Mexico all of the time.  It really is enchanting and a place where I feel most free. The Huevos Rancheros will be a whole family productions because I have to make the tortillas by hand.  It is an act of love and a tribute to my roots.

I'm trying to teach JAC how to dress himself.  For a week he has worn his underwear backwards.  I have explained to him several times that it is much easier to put your shirt on when you're not spinning in a circle but he hasn't caught on.  Sometimes I like to pretend my whole life is actually a comedy.  Watching JAC dress himself demands a great laugh track.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home