THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Friday, January 6, 2012

Kathmandu Morning.

Last week I enjoyed a perfect day but I have yet to write about it.  Part of the perfect day was a visit to a museum with nine flights of stairs and now my knee is REALLY sore.  I'm pretty sure I'm eighty years old.  I'm limping around and swallowing handfuls of Advil.

It is Saturday morning and the house is really chilly.  JAC and I are wrapped up in blankets eating fruitloops and playing the quiet game.  This is our Saturday morning tradition.  We try to be extra quiet and let Jess sleep in for a few hours.

This week Jess really needs the extra rest.  On Wednesday he returned home from work at eight only to receive a call a few hours later and return to work.  There was a small problem at the embassy and Jess worked all night to fix it.  Jess seems to thrive on the adrenaline and it is fun to watch him enjoy his work so much.  He is in his element.

Lately JAC constantly refers to himself as "baby bear" and I'm "mama bear."  When we sit on the couch together and he wants me to hold his "paw."  I think it is so cute!  Sometimes he pretends he's a baby elephant and wants me to hold his trunk while we walk.

I've made a New Year's resolution to run more.  I am so much more cheerful with some daily exercise.  I miss my D.C running trails but I've traded in for a grand Kathmandu adventure.

My awesome sister-in-law sent me makeup.  I can't tell you how excited I am!  It is silly but looking through the drug store aisle for new eyeshadow or lip gloss is something I really miss.

JAC has had a major growth spurt.  I was toweling him off after his bath and realized his legs seemed so much longer.  This was further confirmed when we went to church and he was the same size as all of the four year old boys.  After church last week JAC found two brothers close to his age and they wrestled for half an hour on the gym mats.  JAC found his soul mates and was so happy.  This kid loves to wrestle.

We ate Mexican food after church with our friends.  I think fifteen kids attended and the place was a mad house of activity.  Yes, there is Mexican food in Kathmandu!  Several of our friends jointly own the restaurant.  They purchased the it together to acquire Nepali work visas and stay in the country as missionaries.  Next week we're trying out the Pizza Hut.

That is the end of my Kathmandu ramble.  I hope you're having a great day wherever you are!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home