THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Ducks and Such

The word "imprinting" instantly brings to mind ducks.  I think of yellow and brown spotted baby ducks waddling after their mother.  When  JAC was little I would grow so exasperated with my life that I would lie on my kitchen floor and stare at my ceiling.  After a few minutes I would notice the house was quiet and realize JAC was lying beside me - our heads together staring at the ceiling. 

I just devoured an entire bowl of popcorn.  I blame my mom.  Almost every day of my life my mom would eat popcorn as an afternoon snack.  She popped it in a bowl in the microwave with a dab of butter.  I pop mine on the stove in a tall black pot because I love sound of the kernels rocketing against the metal sides.

I had a job interview this week.  Jess took me on a breakfast date and we practiced answering interview questions.  I realized I have not been on any sort of interview for almost six years. There were many qualified candidates an my prospects are slim but I enjoyed the challenge of interviewing.

Today I read JAC five books before nap time.  He wanted me to hold his "paw" while he fell asleep.  I obliged and fell asleep holding his hand.  I have missed him this week.  I have been away too much.  When I decide to work JAC will head off to preschool.  I think he is ready.  He asks every day to go to school but I'm not ready.  I guess that is the pendulum of parenting - holding tightly to a paw and knowing when to let go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home