THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Love is in the Air

JAC is "baby bear" and I am "mama bear."  Sometimes he likes me to, "hold his paw."  Today rain poured down on Kathmandu and it was a cozy treat.  JAC wanted to make a bear cave and we created a huge blanket tent in my living room.  We ate bear snacks in our tent - fish and berries (goldfish crackers and fruit loops).  We read all of our bear books and explored the cave with our head lamps.

I am nursing a very sore paw.  Last night I was rushing out the door to pick Jess up for date night.  In my hurry I crushed my finger in the iron gate of our compound.  My finger is purple and swollen.  It continues to get larger and the skin feels tight like an over stuffed sausage.  Sometimes I stop and poke at it.  I wonder, "what if it swelled so large that the flesh exploded?"  Then, I realize that is a disgusting childish thought and remember that pregnancy proves that your skin can swell enormously and not explode.

Even with my finger in a bag of ice we had a nice date.    Love is in the air.  I received a perfect Valentines care package in the mail.  I am now trying to set the world record for most Reeces Pieces consumed in one sitting.  I am guarding the mail room because I ordered Jess an awesome Valentines present.  All of our mail is addressed to Jess because he works at the embassy.  I don't want him to open his package early and ruin the surprise. 

I know it is not cool to like Valentines Day but I love the holiday.  I'm not interested in the romance but I love the opportunity to be more thoughtful towards people I love.  I have several friends who are amazingly  thoughtful and they inspire me to excel at thoughtfulness.  Whether it is a well planned care package or a much needed hug - what thoughtful things are happening around you today?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home