THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Monday, January 9, 2012

Resolutions

I noticed platefuls of salad at the embassy cafeteria today.  It's resolution season and inevitably salad season too.  While I ate my own salad I pondered my resolutions.  I'm attempting to lose five pounds this month but I mainly consider this a jump start to my true resolutions.

1. I plan to run thirty minutes four times a week.  I typically accomplish this mission every week but I want to be more mindful about executing it without excuses. Because, around our house happy mom often only shows up after some exercise.  My Aunt posted this video and I think it portrays the benefits of exercise in such a simple way. 23 1/2 hours

2. I read an article on NPR that stated the average American ate a TON of food last year.  At first I was disgusted.  Later I thought I might have been among the many who indulged in a ton of food.  I want to eat less but I also want to eat more fruits and vegetables.  This is not a real goal because I haven't quantified it yet.  I'm still thinking about the math but for the last few weeks I have cut cheese and white grains from my diet.Ton of Food

3. I want to get a job.  It is time to patch some holes in my resume before JAC goes off to school next year.  I'm looking for part time work.  I don't know if that will be volunteer work, free lance work or a conventional position.  I am looking for a job that is interesting and helps me identify which direction I want to move forward.  I'm really considering starting a master's program but I'm not exactly sure what to study.  I would like a job that will help me evaluate my strengths and asses the future job market.

4. I want to sew once a week.  Sewing helps me be creative and brings me joy.  Luckily I know several a accomplished seamstresses here in Kathmandu to help when things get tricky.

I'm not exactly pleased with my resolutions yet.  I'm still amending them.  Help me shape my 2012.  What are your resolutions?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home