THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Toothless

My computer is missing the right "shift button". The gap created in its void mocks me and reminds me of a toothless grin. The computer key is just one more thing sacrificed to my rambunctious two year old. This is the reason I don't buy nice clothes or attempt to decorate his room. I know that in a matter of days the whirlwind of energy will become a destructive tornado.

For months we have placed child-proof door knob locks on JAC's bedroom door. It keeps JAC from escaping his room during nap time. Today twenty minutes into his nap time he proudly came upstairs and presented his Jess the door knob lock. JAC had discovered how to take the lock off.

Jess dumped JAC back in his room and replaced the lock. All was quiet for almost half and hour. We were relieved that JAC was finally taking a nap. I was quietly reading my book when I heard a loud "Choo, Choo!" JAC has become obsessed with Thomas the Train. He escaped his room and I found him jumping around our basement joyfully watching Thomas on my computer. I have no idea how he learned to turn on his video but apparently in his attempts he also removed the "shift key" from my computer.

Nothing is sacred in this house and now nothing is childproof. JAC has outsmarted us. I am sitting guard outside his room cringing at the inevitability of daily sentry duty. While I guard his room door I think I'll start looking for my lost computer key or perhaps my last bits of sanity. Merry Christmas Friends!

1 Comments:

At December 19, 2010 at 7:50 PM , Anonymous Jill H said...

you could always bolt the door from the outside...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home