THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Gift Giving

I am married to a great gift giver. Every year he knows the perfect thing to buy and gives generously. While it is great to be on the receiving end of his talents it leaves me frustrated every year because I don't have a clue what to get him in return. This year I might have outdone him. I'm sure I purchased an unexpected and perfect gift.

In this season of giving I have been contemplating gifts. While some people give time, creativity and love others give poo. I mean real poo. I received a small catalog came in the mail advertising this as a perfect gift. You can go to this website and buy paper made out of poo. http://www.poopoopaper.com/index.html I support the effort to save the environment but I think I have had enough poo this year.

Today I also heard a radio story about a group called Improv Everywhere. It caught my imagination because the group is dedicated to giving unique experiences to people as a gift. For instance they have volunteers get on the subway fully dressed except they're missing pants. Each subway stop a few more pants less riders get on the subway. The final stop a girl gets on selling pants. If you were a random subway rider caught off guard by this stunt it would likely be an experience you would never forget. Here's the website to check it out. http://improveverywhere.com/2005/05/21/even-better-than-the-real-thing/

This all leads me to a final two questions. Some people give poo. Some people give experiences. What is the best gift you have ever received? What is the best gift you have ever given?

Happy Holidays Friends! I hope they are unexpected and magical.

2 Comments:

At December 6, 2009 at 6:12 PM , Blogger Leigh T said...

Love this post. Two sickies at my house so I don't have time to potty, must lest comment on your inspiring words.... thanks for the food for thought. I do agree on the poo issue: I've had enough! :)

 
At December 9, 2009 at 7:10 AM , Blogger Leigh T said...

So, what did you get him???

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home