THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Make Your Own Solution

I've always said that I would take a resourceful person over a smart one any day. If you travel with a small child you notice the chagrined looks the moment you board the plane. No one wants to fly with a baby. I sympathize with the other passengers especially when JAC gets wild. I try my best but occasionally things fall into chaos.

Our last flight was a quick 30 minute hop from DFW to Abilene. By the time we boarded JAC was exhausted and quickly deteriorating. We took our seats and another airline pilot took the adjacent seat. He took one look at our kid, reached into his pocket and pulled out earplugs. He slept peacefully the whole trip without complaint. I love that guy!

Our powers of creativity had also quickly deteriorated. We were running out of ideas to keep JAC entertained and he was vocalizing his discontent. Luckily our flight attendant was a grandma. She brought over a sucker and a barf bag. She showed us how to make a puppet from the barf bag. JAC loved it. I have never been so thankful for a barf bag in my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home