THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Saturday, October 29, 2011

On a Sunday Morning

The house is chilly and our generator is purring.  I will be honest.  I love my generator and I'm not sure I would survive here without it.  Our massive house is constructed from brick and mortar.  The walls are covered in white plaster and there is not a stitch of insulation.  Fall is slowly bringing cooler temperatures and we are already sleeping with extra blankets.

I made eggs this morning for breakfast.  I was craving something warm.  Yesterday I went on a nine mile trail run, up a mountain and to a monastery.  We had fun but I was not in good enough shape for such an ambitious run.  I spent the rest of the day dizzy and this morning I am really sore. 

I am practically a vegetarian here.  All of meat is shipped in from Australia and tastes of freezer burn.  I just can't find it appetizing.  As a result I'm constantly a bit dizzy from a mild case of anemia.  Hopefully the eggs will help a bit.

We have been on two great family adventures this weekend and I need to write about them.  Yesterday I took Roxy to the American Club for a long walk.  I tried to walk to walk her in our neighborhood but after a close call with a feral street dog I started keeping her home.  The American Club has a short walking trail and as we walked I realized we were being followed.  A mongoose followed us, very interested in Roxy.  This creature is very social and loves small dogs.  It kept trying to engage Roxy in play but she was terrified.  The mongoose walked right beside us for almost a mile.  You can never tell what an animal is thinking but this mongoose seemed almost palpably lonely and seeking a companion.  This is just an ordinary walk in a wild place on an ordinary Saturday with a lonely mongoose. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home