THE ADVENTURES OF THE JAC ATTACK!

A Blog about a clever boy and a mom determined to out-smart him.

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter in D.C

Yesterday I bought an Easter dress.  Actually it was an Easter skirt paired with new Easter heels, and a Madmen inspired blouse.  The Easter dress is a time honored tradition in the South.  Most years my mom hand crafted coordinating outfits for my sister and me.  Her hard work often went under-appreciated, but the pictures still bare witness to her handiwork.  Somewhere buried in a stack of fading snapshots in an awkward photo of us in matching cow jumper dresses and who could forget the year of large puffy hats with handmade rosettes?

Since I have no little girls to dress in frilly dresses I instead forced my husband and son into matching green checked shirts.  I was of course deeply proud of my little family and my son spent the morning trying to take his pants off during church.

Yesterday the Easter bunny showed up at our barbecue.  The dads hid plastic eggs across the terrace and seven small children raced around screaming in excitement.  As the largest kid in the group JAC dominated the egg hunt only to find his stash raided by the little kids when he left it unprotected to use the potty. 

I love Easter church service.  The building is packed.  The singing is beautiful.  After service we ate ham, mash potatoes, and mac-n-cheese.  Good food makes for a great holiday.  I told my son he would be more likely to find his Easter basket if he hopped everywhere - so he did.  He hopped and hopped and hopped.  And when we finally arrived back at our hotel he was exhausted and fell asleep in two minutes. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home